Get_iplayer on Raspberry Pi

Alex Eames alex at translatortips.com
Fri Jun 1 04:28:46 EDT 2012

On 31/05/2012 22:58, tommy wrote:
> Your compile should run fine without it, and you can remove
> libfaad-dev if necessary.
>
> tommy

It did thanks. It took 3.5 hours but it works. Already downloaded a HD
program and it works beautifully.

Also made a tar of the compiled ffmpeg directory on a  memory stick  in
the hope that if I have to reimage the SD card I
won't need to recompile.

To answer your comment from last night, yes I do have a fairly fast
connection 30 Meg cable - usually works at about 24-28 Meg

Anyway - it works. This is great.

Thank you so much for all your help. You guys have been very patient.
I think I might put together a full how-to blog post about this so that
all the other linux-challenged who are a
couple of steps behind me won't have to keep pestering the list with the
same questions.

Alex