get_iplayer v.v. HiDownload Platinum

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 11:00:30 EDT 2012

> As an after thought wouldn't it be great if get_iplayer also worked for ITV iplayer, Ondemand 4 and 5 or whatever?

Hi
The ITV and Channel 4 and 5 sites aren't as friendly as BBC.
I've had some success downloading their programmes using RTMPDump with Linux, but often the result is just a trailer.

It would be good if there were other projects... get_ITVplayer, get_Channel4 etc.
I don't think it would be so good (imho) to grow get_iplayer into a monster get_everything program.