Radiomodes & WMA

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 20:02:47 EST 2012

On 05/02/2012 19:55, Kapitano wrote:
> When I try later, the flv is usually available. So I want to disable the
> wma option. Is this how I do it?
>
> get_iplayer --type=radio --get 12345
> --radiomode=flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaaclow,flashaudio

Yes

> One of the default radio modes is realaudio, but I've never had a
> programme download as a .ra or .ram file. Is this option a relic from an
> earlier version of iPlayer?

Yes

> I used to be able to download in aac. Now only embedded aac is possible,
> and I have to extract it. Is this a change in Get_Iplayer, or in the BBC?

A change in get_iplayer.  If you have some software/hardware that for
some reason requires raw AAC and/or can't cope with an MP4 container,
you could add an option to get_iplayer to create AAC rather than M4A
files.  It would require very little code.  Perhaps easier would be to
use --command to automate the demuxing you already do.