Record live stream to MP4

Madeline madeline at operamail.com
Fri Dec 7 02:29:18 EST 2012

Well, this link seems "up" at the moment -
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_alba/watchlive . I use the
windows-flavoured get_iPlayer, and have never managed to successfully
record live streams. Can't comment on other OS system success. I would
be confident in Windows that something like Tunebite would support the
capturing of the screen output.
Good luck!

M.

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012, at 11:56 PM, Kevin Lynch wrote:
> Hi Craig
> I asked this very sort of question earlier this year. The simple
> answer is that it can not be done because only the BBC London feeds
> are streamed live. Hence this is why you can not see your local news
> show streamed.
>
> The original answer from tommy is here
>
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2012-June/003085.html
>

> Kevin
>
> On 6 December 2012 23:17, Craig Cockburn <craig at siliconglen.com> wrote:
> > I'm wanting to record a live stream of BBC Alba to an MP4 file. Can someone
> > tell me how to do this please as I've looked extensively and nothing works,
> > mostly it's out of date info.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Craig
> >
> > --
> > Craig Cockburn ("coburn"). Director, Siliconglen.com Ltd
> > Web project and programme manager. M.Sc., BCS Chartered Fellow
> > http://www.CraigCockburn.com

                          or over the web