Web PVR Output Not Displayed

J j at mailsorter.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Aug 18 10:49:11 EDT 2012

<snip>
  When I run the PVR though, I get
> another browser window opening that looks like it's trying to connect to
> 127.0.0.1.  I don't get output from the get_iplayer script being piped
> to the browser as I have seen before.
>
> I'm running this on Win XP SP3 with all the latest Windows updates
> installed & 3GB RAM.<snip>

I've been seeing a "blank tab/pane" for really quite a long time
(WinXP.SP3; default.browser=Opera): used to see the piped output but
just can't remember when that stopped.

The command window always remains open in the background with an error
(failed to download a jpg? - I no longer notice it) and needs to be
explicitly closed whereas I have a vague memory that it used to close
itself. I watch the Task Manager to see what's still running.

Jon