Any support maybe for videos from the BBC News site?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 15:33:11 EDT 2012

On 14/08/2012 19:21, sarakitty1 at ymail.com wrote:
> Oh and I just went and used Wireshark on the page and I found digging through what it captured that where the connection to the Akamai site that the video is stored on it apparently uses RTMP like Youtube... So I can see the video address now, but I don't know what I would put in to download that, I don't know of any RTMP downloader program that isn't designed for youtube specifically, I remember RTMP from using a program to download stuff from youtube years ago before I found Flashgot, hmm:

No need for all that.  get_iplayer uses rtmpdump for downloading.  If
you used the Windows installer, you should have it.  If you're on Linux,
install via your system's package manager.  If you use OS X, use
Homebrew or go here:

http://trick77.com/2011/07/30/rtmpdump-2-4-binaries-for-os-x-10-7-lion/