Olympic ceremonies

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 08:38:18 EDT 2012

On 14/08/2012 13:19, louisebay2 at ntlworld.com wrote:
> Silly thing is that if I do 100 seconds it finalises....
>
> On 14 August 2012 13:12,  <louisebay2 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> Well Sadly I'm still being left with "default.partial.mp4.flv" files.
>> The first chunk is about 2GB and it went straight to the second chunk
>> leaving the first file unfinished for some reason.
>>
>> Not sure what to try next ....

Don't top post.  It has made this thread unreadable.

When doing this chunking, you should use --attempts=1 to instruct
get_iplayer not to retry/resume failed downloads.  As Stuart said,
retry/resume will almost always fail with --start/--stop.  That should
allow the first chunk to get re-muxed to MP4 and tagged with metadata.
It won't work for succeeding chunks (i.e., those with --start
specified), but they can be re-muxed separately.