get_iplayer Download Olympics In Chunks Tutorial

Andy Waddington (software devel) acornqa at pennine.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 05:31:28 EDT 2012

Sometime before sending, Matthew Stanfield typed (and on Wednesday 2012-08-08 sent):

> 30% realtime is not
> fast enough to view the video on the BBC Olympics live video pages, so
> something is amiss

Surely that's one of the main reasons for using get_iplayer (and
youtube-dl and vimeo-dl, etc.) ? Most of rural UK has broadband
speeds too low to watch iplayer, youtube, vimeo or any other
streaming video in real time... I'm doing well if I can listen
to radio programmes in real time :-(

Andy