encountered infinite loop "Couldn't resume FLV file, try --skip 1"

Matthew Kerle mattkerle at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:33:03 EDT 2012

started a new stream (mens gymnastics qualifications) and it appears
to be progressing just fine past the ~11min mark where the previous
one died. I've done some more reading and found the "4GB limit, chunk
download, what to use to demux and remux?" thread, so if I hit the
4GiB limit as well then I'll have to learn how to use the --start args
and ffmpeg/avidemux to put them back together.

I tried re-starting the first stream but it kept encountering the same
error. I believe on this list I read somewhere that you can't recover
from that error, you just have to delete the partial flv and start
again. Is that the case?

--
"life is complex, it has both real and imaginary components"
http://threebrightlights.blogspot.com