PVR Autorun under Windows

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 15:09:19 EDT 2012

Trevor Woodward wrote:
> The PVR correctly identifies my chosen programmes and downloads them
> when prompted but without my intervention, in spite of the announcement
> at the top of the web interface page that "The PVR will auto-run every 3
> hour(s) if you leave this page open", it simply sits still at the end of
> one run without re-starting after any period until I click "PVR Run Now".
>
> Even if I try using the run_pvr_scheduler.bat, this runs through once,
> ends with the announcement that it will re-run in 10800 seconds (or
> something) and then doesn't.

I can replicate your problem with the latest version of  Web PVR, but
the cause isn't immediately obvious.  All can say at the moment is the
problem is Windows-only, but apparently not unique to IE.  For whatever
reason, some Javascript events aren't firing.

I could not replicate your problem with run_pvr_scheduler.bat.  It works
in a completely different way from the Web PVR and should be  unrelated.
  My only wild guess is that something may have gone awry with the Perl
installation on your system.  Try a simple test of the mechanism
underlying run_pvr_scheduler.bat.  Open the get_iplayer command prompt
and run (you can cut and paste):

perl -e "$| = 1; print '1..'; sleep 5; print '2..'; sleep 5; print '3';"

That should print "1..2..3" with a 5-second delay between the digits.
If that doesn't work, then something is screwy with perl or perhaps with
some system components.