-map_metadata fails in WinFF 1.4.2

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:54:01 EDT 2012

> On 20/04/2012 14:31, dinkypumpkin wrote:
> > produces). I tried adding -id3v2_version 3 to the ffmpeg command line,
> > but even though it wrote id3v2.3 frames into the output file, WMP still
> > couldn't read them. So, there is some more investigation to be done.
>
> My oops - forget to re-check mediainfo. Adding -id3v2_version 3 to the
> ffmpeg command line somehow prevented any tags from being copied across,
> so WMP not the culprit. More investigation definitely needed.

Hi

Maybe you have the solution for WMP here.

I repeated the test.

Using a program called "mp3diags" to look at these tags.

When I use command:-

ffmpeg -i filename.m4a output1.mp3

The tag is shown as ID3V2.4.0

When I use command:-

ffmpeg -i filename.m4a -id3v2_version 3 output2.mp3

The tag is shown as ID3V2.3.0

And the metadata seems to be there in MediaInfo (but no cover art).