Get Iplayer for Windows

bat guano batguano999 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 29 19:05:49 EDT 2011

> However, I don't feel that id3v2 & AtomicParsley present an issue sizewise:
> On my installation, the combined size of "id3v2-0.1.12-win32" &
> "AtomicParsley" (containing v0.9.0)
> folders is under 1 MB (420 & 230 KB respectively).

OK Vangelis.
I agree.
It's not worth upsetting things just for the sake of <1MB. :-)

... Though if we were designing the get_iplayer script now from scratch it might be worth considering FFmpeg metadata to reduce the dependencies and simplify the Windows installer.
(Perhaps FFmpeg's tagging capability was introduced after get_iplayer was invented)