AtomicParsley on Linux crashes when tagging some videos (Spooks)

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 17:24:11 EDT 2011

On 30/10/2011 17:11, Andy Bircumshaw wrote:
> I've got two episodes of Spooks that this problem applies to, I think, but no other shows. I've tried using the latest version of get_iplayer that dinkypumpkin released in response to similar problems on Windows, but that makes no difference. Because of the reference to glibc I've even tried recompiling glibc and AtomicParsley.

How recent is your AtomicParsley source grab?  That crashing problem
with AtomicParsley on Windows was solved by pushing a new build that
included a recent patch to fix a buffer overrun.  I could never
duplicate the problem in Ubuntu with the PPA build of AtomicParsley, so
yours is the first report of problems in Linux.  If the problem is the
same as on Windows (as it appears), glibc isn't the culprit.  Grab the
very latest AP source (tip version) from:

https://bitbucket.org/wez/atomicparsley/downloads

and build from that.  It looks like you're on Fedora, and I don't know
of a source for AP Fedora builds.