Problem since 27th Oct 2011

J K.Eason mail at john-eason.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 07:08:00 EDT 2011

> *From:* Allan Preston <allan.preston at gmail.com>
> *To:* get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org
> *Date:* Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:49:33 +0100
>
> Any new shows added to the iplayer's index since 27 Oct 2011 have a
> blank modes: which means get_iplayer can't download them. For
> example:
>
> modes:          default:
> modesizes:      default:
> name:           Rab C Nesbitt: Series 10
> nameshort:      Rab C Nesbitt
> pid:            b016p72l
>
> :~$ get_iplayer --get 527
> get_iplayer v2.80, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
>   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
> --warranty.
>   This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
> under certain
>   conditions; use --conditions for details.
>
> Matches:
> 527:    Rab C Nesbitt: Series 10 - 4. Fight, BBC Two,
> Comedy,Guidance,HD,Popular,Sitcoms,TV, default,
>
> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
> INFO: Checking existence of default version
> INFO: No specified modes (flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd)
> available for this programme with version 'default' (try using
> --modes=)
> ERROR: Failed to record 'Rab C Nesbitt: Series 10 - 4. Fight
> (b016p72l)
>
> This problem seems to affect all programs "added" since midnight 26
> Oct 2011, and I first noticed it on 27 Oct 2011.
> Is it a problem that is affecting only me, or is it a change the BBC
> have implemented?
>
> Oh, and hello :) Im Allan, from Manchester UK

That looks like a glitch at the BBC end. I've just checked the info in
the next one in the list (530) and got this:

C:\Program Files\get_iplayer>get_iplayer -i 530
get_iplayer v2.80, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
530:    Rastamouse - 40. Stumped, CBeebies, Children's,Entertainment &
Comedy,Learning,Pre-School,TV, default
INFO: File name prefix = Rastamouse - 40. Stumped b016dd45 default

available:      Unknown
categories:     Learning,Pre-School,Children's,Entertainment & Comedy
channel:        CBeebies
desc:           Stop-motion series featuring Rastamouse, Scratchy and
Zoomer, crime-fighting special agents who solve mysteries and play in a
reggae band.  Da Easy Crew learn that when it comes to cricket, Dwain, da
postman, is da expert. It's da big cricket match and Wensley Dale's star
player is injured. When the President's cricket kit goes missing da Easy
Crew must initiate a winning plan to catch a very knowledgeable teef. And
later when tings are really hanging in the balance Scratchy must show
some bare skills to help win da President's cricket cup.
descmedium:     Stop-motion series featuring a crime-fighting special
agent who plays in a reggae band. It is da big cricket match and Wensley
Dale's star player is injured.
descshort:      Da Easy Crew learn that when it comes to cricket, Dwain
da postman, is da expert.
dir:            D:\Ulead
dldate:         2011-10-27
dltime:         11:58:49
duration:       600
durations:      default: 600
episode:        40. Stumped
episodenum:     40
episodeshort:   Stumped
expiry:         2011-11-11T15:44:00Z
expiryrel:      in 15 days 4 hours
ext:            EXT
filename:       D:\Ulead\Rastamouse - 40. Stumped b016dd45 default.EXT
filepart:       D:\Ulead\Rastamouse - 40. Stumped b016dd45
default.partial.EXT
fileprefix:     Rastamouse - 40. Stumped b016dd45 default
firstbcast:     default: 2011-10-20T16:35:00+01:00
firstbcastrel:  default: 6 days 19 hours ago
index:          530
lastbcast:      default: 2011-10-20T16:35:00+01:00
lastbcastrel:   default: 6 days 19 hours ago
longname:       Rastamouse
modes:          default:
flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashlow1,flashlow2,flashstd1,flashstd2,flashvhigh1,
flashvhigh2,n95_wifi1,rtsphigh1,rtsphigh2,rtsplow1,
rtsplow2,rtspstd1,rtspstd2,rtspvhigh1,rtspvhigh2,subtitles1
modesizes:      default:
flashhigh1=58MB,flashhigh2=58MB,flashlow1=29MB,flashlow2=29MB,flashstd1=35
MB,flashstd2=35MB,flashvhigh1=110MB,flashvhigh2=110
MB,n95_wifi1=13MB,rtsphigh1=58MB,rtsphigh2=58MB,rtsplow1=29MB,rtsplow2=29M
B,rtspstd1=35MB,rtspstd2=35MB,rtspvhigh1=110MB,rtspvhigh2=110MB
name:           Rastamouse
nameshort:      Rastamouse
pid:            b016dd45
etc...

 530 also downloaded ok without specifying a mode.

Regards
       John (mail at john-eason.co.uk)