Failed to tag MP4 file

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:23:49 EDT 2011

On 20/10/2011 22:16, Claire wrote:
> .\RTMPDump\rtmpdump.exe: This program dumps the media content streamed
> over RTMP

Just to be sure, do you see a couple of lines above that which read:

RTMPDump 2.4 git-b627335 2011-7-23
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL

get_iplayer parses the output from rtmpdump --help to determine the
version of RTMPDump is working with.  The log output you sent earlier
indicates that get_iplayer isn't finding output it can parse, or it
isn't able to locate rtmpdump.exe.

To save any more faffing, I suggest completely uninstall all of
get_iplayer (including the settings and history when prompted).  Then,
look for this folder and move it another location outside your home
directory for safekeeping:

C:\Documents and Settings\Claire.ORION/.get_iplayer

The make sure that these folders have been deleted:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\get_iplayer
C:\Program Files\get_iplayer

Once you've removed all traces of get_iplayer, re-install with the
Windows installer and select all components.  Then try another download
without saving any preferences first - put all your options on the
command line (including --verbose).

If re-installing doesn't work, I have a few other ideas, but none of
them really makes much sense given what you've told us thus far.  Try a
clean slate first before I send you on a potential wild goose chase.

>> Did you use the --proxy option as well? If not, that would explain why
>> no modes are shown.
> No, I wasn't using it. The modes showed right when I did, and flashhd,
> flashvhigh and flashhigh -among others- were there.

At least something makes sense here :}