Quick and dirty fix to get get_iplayer 2.80 working on Ubuntu 11.04

John Rose john.aaron.rose at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 17 08:17:32 EDT 2011

I had got_iplayer working OK under Ubuntu 10.04 (32 bit Desktop &
Netbook Edition). Then suddenly it stopped working: usual problem was it
hung when recording. I messed around a lot (including using versions
2.79 & 2.80) and it started working again -  I think it was due to
removing rtmpdump! I do not have librtmp0 package installed.
libcurl3-gnutls is installed. I have get_iplayer 2.78 installed. I now
always use the --raw parameter and do any conversion to another video
format using other software. I have written a GUI called iRecorder (in
Gambas) which invokes get_iplayer. This works OK for me. If you want to
use it, please download it from:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3928731/irec...0.41-1_all.deb
As it installs, it automatically retrieves the Gambas runtime package.
It installs in the Other menu group: Gambas appears to have a bug such
that this overrides my selection of 'Sound & Video'. If you do use
iRecorder, please let me know how you get on with it.

--
Regards,
John