Recording complete - error

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 08:18:17 EDT 2011

On 13/10/2011 12:18, Colin Macpherson wrote:
> INFO: File name prefix = Planet_Dinosaur_-_5._New_Giants_b015zmr5_default
> RTMPDump 2.4 git-b627335 2011-7-23
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
> Connecting ...
> INFO: Connected...
> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
> WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\Colin.StraubingTigers\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Planet_Dinosaur_-_5._New_Giants_b015zmr5_default.partial.mp4.flv via RTMP
> INFO: skipping flashhigh1 mode
> INFO: Trying flashhigh2 mode to record tv: Planet Dinosaur - 5. New Giants

Your programme downloads flawlessly for me on Windows.  If you have
another example, I'd be happy to try it as well.

Obviously, this error is coming from RTMPDump.  First, delete any
previous partial download of that programme (if it exists).  Then, add
--verbose to your command re-run.   Look at what comes after "INFO:
Connected..." in the RTMPDump output.  There are a number of messages
exchanged between RTMPDump and the media server before downloading
begins, so more detail might help to narrow it down.