Possible solution to the Windows AtomicParsley crashes?

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat Oct 8 16:21:25 EDT 2011

On Sat Oct 8 16:33:28 BST 2011,  dinkypumpkin wrote:

>Same problem as Vangelis - the dreaded "curly quote".
>A short-term workaround until I get a patch together is to comment out
>lines 4286-4288 in get_iplayer{.pl}, which should look like:
>
># 	while ( my ($key, $val) = each %{$meta} ) {
># 		$meta->{$key} = decode("utf8", $val);
># 	}
>
>The "Wide character" warning will still appear, but tagging should work.

Thank you very much  :-) ; that works OK with the latest AP on my (test)
file, pid=p00k9js2:

INFO: Recorded D:\Vangelis\iPlayer Recordings\Health Check -
28_09_2011[p00k9js2].m4a file

Wide character in print at get_iplayer.pl line 3530.
INFO: Downloaded Thumbnail to 'D:\Vangelis\iPlayer Recordings\Health Check -
28_
09_2011[p00k9js2].jpg'
INFO: MP4 tagging M4A file

 Started writing to temp file.
 Finished writing to temp file.

 The offending "curly quote" in the original metadata is in the phrase:

"...James Copnall, the BBC's correspondent in South Sudan, reports."

In the "lyrics" section of the tagged m4a file, MediaInfo reports this as:

"...James Copnall, the BBC?s correspondent in South Sudan, reports."

BTW, this file practically never expires (209901010000), use it freely for
any tests needed in writing your final patch.

Cheers, Vangelis.