Quality Variation (re-formatted!)

Christopher Woods (CustomMade) christopher at custommade.org.uk
Tue Oct 4 06:16:13 EDT 2011

> > Hi, bat guano :-)
> >  Excuse me for saying that, but how do you propose people complain
> > about this glitch?
>

> It is an unfortunate mistake, but perhaps the Beeb are using
> it as a test to see if anybody notices (or, more likely,
> someone specified the wrong encoder settings). [...]
> [snip]

Sorry Vangelis, missed your previous Monday evening response where you
basicaly said in far more detail what I casually summarised!

If you're a Windows user (didn't notice what your OS is, forgive me) I tend
to recommend foobar2000, once I've remuxed my AACs with MP4Box (I cheat and
use YAMB) they're seekable (fb2k can't seek raw .aac) plus fb2k shows all
the handy file info (SBR, SBR+PS etc). Use it extensively for testing
icecast streams I manage.