HD streams convert automatically after download...

Christopher Woods (CustomMade) christopher at custommade.org.uk
Mon May 16 08:37:39 EDT 2011

Looks like classic missing-rtmpdump-or-wrong-swfvfy-url problem. I had it on
an older version of get_iplayer, the resulting videos had missing frames.
Have you updated to latest rtmpdump? Also I wonder if perhaps you're using
the old "swfvfy" URL, or not specifying one (which will make it default to
the now-obsolete flash player .swf URL)...

FWIW, the old string was:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/10player.swf?revision=18269_21576
the new one is:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/revisions/18269_21576_10player.swf?revision=18269_2
1576

For radio and telly in highest quality, these are my commandline strings
(sorry, you'll have to de-munge the linebreaks):

TV
get_iplayer --raw --output J:\iplayer\get_iplayer\raw\ --modes
flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh --rtmptvopts "--swfVfy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/revisions/18269_21576_10player.swf" --rtmpradioopts
--force --pid 01234567

RADIO
get_iplayer --raw --output J:\iplayer\get_iplayer\raw\ --modes
flashaachigh,flashaac,flashaacstd,flashaudio,flashaaclow --rtmptvopts
"--swfVfy http://www.bbc.co.uk/emp/revisions/18269_21576_10player.swf"
--rtmpradioopts --force --pid 01234567

Of course you'll need to add the appropriate live radio switches if
recording the Radio 3 320kbps stream.