BBC News pages

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Tue May 3 16:19:02 EDT 2011

On 3/5/2011, at 7:57pm, Jon Davies wrote:
> The latest tagged version of get_iplayer is 2.79, and there are
> versions in git that are more recent still.  The difference is
> probably that you're using an old version on your mac.

Also get_iplayer has (since Phil gave up the project) dependencies on a number of non-core Perl modules.

If you were to install from an RPM then these should be pulled in automatically, or they may already be installed on a RedHat system, but they're probably not installed on OS X by default.

I state this as an FYI in case you're not already aware of this; perhaps you already were.

aB.