M4A / AAC changes

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 11:15:36 EDT 2011

On 31 Mar 2011, at 16:07, FJuniper wrote:

> OK, thanks.
> So does --update get a new .pl and any newer versions of FFMPEG and the other components?
>
> Actually I just took a look at
> http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer/documentation#Updating%20get_iplayer
> and --update seems to be for Linux etc - I am on Windows...

Just the .pl file.  And it works on Windows - that's what the installer runs.  FFMPEG is also downloaded dynamically by the installer, but the site it downloads from is no longer being updated, so you'll have to copy a new version of the exe into place yourself.  That's one of the reasons for updating the installer once ongoing mods have been integrated.