"Can't use string ("b00fz2zv") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at ./get_iplayer line 1554" when downloading radio programme via PVR

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 12:03:59 EDT 2011

On 20/3/2011, at 12:09pm, Robin Wilson wrote:
> I've been using get_iplayer happily for a while, and suddenly have this error occurring when I try and download the Comic Relief Comedy Controllers programme (from BBC Radio 4). This occurs when I run the get_iplayer --pvr command, which I run as a cron job every night. This error means that the job crashes, and therefore none of the other programmes get downloaded. I am not a perl programmer, but I am assuming that it is saying that it can't find that PID in the hash of available programme IDs.
>
> I have tried running get_iplayer --flush first to check that the cache of programmes and their associated PIDs is up to date.

b00fz2zv is kids' TV, not the Comic Relief programme.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00fz2zv

$ get_iplayer "^Comic Relief Controllers$" --type radio
get_iplayer v2.79, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
10661:  Comic Relief Controllers - Episode 2, BBC 7, Comedy,Highlights,Popular,Radio

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
$ get_iplayer "^Comic Relief Controllers$" --type radio -i | grep "^pid:"
pid:            b00zthzn
$

Suggest you make a backup of your .get_iplayer directory, then delete ~/.get_iplayer/*cache, then try again.

aB.