get_iplayer on a Pogoplug - success!

Steve Anderson steve at twindx.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 09:22:46 EDT 2011

On 17 March 2011 12:20, Jon Davies <jon at hedgerows.org.uk> wrote:

> But I'm struggling to get ffmpeg to work so that I can remux the
> downloaded video/audio.  There's a version of ffmpeg from 2008 in
> optware, but this complains about unsupported codecs - have you - or
> anyone here for that matter - successfully compiled a recent ffmpeg
> for arm-linux?

Today I compiled ffmpeg 0.6.1, the latest release, on the Pogoplug
(because I was also frustrated by the codec support). Using the
Optware gcc compiler, and with a lot of libraries already set up from
building a few other must-haves, it was incredibly simple - the
hardest part was waiting for the little processor to complete its
tasks.

Run ./configure prefix=/opt - that's the only unusual thing - and then
make, make install. It took ages to complete, and there were quite a
few warnings that went up in the process (but no errors). It's happily
converted .flv to .mp4 - sometime soon I'll look at it transcoding the
BBC 6 Music stream to MP3 on demand, so that my Chumby One can play
it.

--
Irregular Shed - http://www.twindx.co.uk