Automatic conversion of aac to m4a

MCCG mccg at mikegregory.net
Wed Mar 16 04:55:10 EDT 2011

Christopher Woods (CustomMade) wrote:

> [...]

I confirmed last night with a few aac files on a USB stick.
None of them will even list .aac files in their "music" browser.
Only mp3 file show up.
Ironic isn't it, because, as you say, the LG TV (50PK590) and the Humax
HDR have an AAC decoder built in for DVB-S/T2.

The LG TV has a good iPlayer app that plays all the iPlayer content
direct, including HD video with aac audio & radio.
mp4 video files (from get_iplayer) play OK - haven't tried an audio only
one.

The Humax iPlayer app is a bit crippled (plays SD TV only), but I
suspect that has aac audio too.
It does not play external video files without using an "AV2HDR" tool to
convert them to it's own format.

But, as I have said, I am not worried, because I can easily convert to
mp3 - just pointing out that many devices will not play aac files.

Cheers,
Mike
--
Mike Gregory