get_iplayer Digest, Vol 15, Issue 28

Daniel Phillips alleyoopster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 14:19:41 EDT 2011

> On 30/07/11 07:56, Daniel Phillips wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been battling with a problem since installing the git version
>> (I have also tried the stable version) of get_iplayer through Arch
>> linux package manager and have not been able to get it to work. I have
>> tried a host of options to record programs but any program will give
>> me the same error. It doesn't seem to matter what modes I try.
>>
>> I am running through Tor as I am currently in France which is working
>> ok through the website.
>>
>> Can anyone give me some pointers?
>>
>> Below is the output of a typical record. I have set the parameters to
>> include all modes as this seemed to be needed.
>>
>> Many thanks,
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> get_iplayer 1 --get
>> get_iplayer v2.79, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
>>    This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
>>    This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
>>    conditions; use --conditions for details.
>>
>> INFO: User prefs dir: /home/arch/.get_iplayer
>> INFO: System options dir: /etc/get_iplayer/options
>> Current options:
>>       ffmpeg = /usr/bin/ffmpeg
>>       flvstreamer = /usr/bin/flvstreamer
>>       lame = /usr/bin/lame
>>       modes = iphone,flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,flashlow,n95_wifi,flashaac,flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaaclow,flashaudio,realaudio,wma
>>       partialproxy = 1
>>       proxy = http://127.0.0.1:9050
>>       verbose = 1
>>
>> INFO: Search args: '1'
>> INFO: Using Proxy http://127.0.0.1:9050
>> INFO: Additionally getting cached programme data for tv
>> INFO: Got 837 file cache entries for tv
>> Matches:
>> 1:    1911 Centenary Lecture - 1. David Lloyd George, BBC Parliament,
>> Factual,History,Politics,TV, default
>>
>> INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
>> INFO: Loaded history for first check.
>> INFO: Loading recordings history
>> INFO: Programme not in history
>> INFO: Disabled proxy: http://127.0.0.1:9050
>> INFO: Getting page http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xlklf
>> INFO: Restored proxy to http://127.0.0.1:9050
>> INFO: Disabled proxy: http://127.0.0.1:9050
>> INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xlklf.rdf
>> INFO: Restored proxy to http://127.0.0.1:9050
>> INFO: iPlayer metadata URL = http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/b00xlklf
>> INFO: Disabled proxy: http://127.0.0.1:9050
>> INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/b00xlklf
>> INFO: Restored proxy to http://127.0.0.1:9050
>> INFO: Using Not Live standard TV and Radio: b00xlkhz
>> INFO: Version: default, VersionPid: b00xlkhz, Duration: 3000
>> INFO: Getting page
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/mtis/stream/b00xlkhz?cb=77351
>> INFO: iphone stream URL = http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b00xlklf
>> INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b00xlklf
> [...]

Hi,

I can confirm that I am currently using the latest patched version
from https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/raw/master/get_iplayer.

I have tried the stable, git and patched versions and all have the
same problem. Is there anything else I can try to get some more info.
It seems to be trying to download iphone URL for some reason. I have
tried different modes with no difference in the final error message.

thanks

Dan