Unable to record

Daniel Phillips alleyoopster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 02:56:07 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have been battling with a problem since installing the git version
(I have also tried the stable version) of get_iplayer through Arch
linux package manager and have not been able to get it to work. I have
tried a host of options to record programs but any program will give
me the same error. It doesn't seem to matter what modes I try.

I am running through Tor as I am currently in France which is working
ok through the website.

Can anyone give me some pointers?

Below is the output of a typical record. I have set the parameters to
include all modes as this seemed to be needed.

Many thanks,

Dan

get_iplayer 1 --get
get_iplayer v2.79, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: User prefs dir: /home/arch/.get_iplayer
INFO: System options dir: /etc/get_iplayer/options
Current options:
	ffmpeg = /usr/bin/ffmpeg
	flvstreamer = /usr/bin/flvstreamer
	lame = /usr/bin/lame
	modes = iphone,flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,flashlow,n95_wifi,flashaac,flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaaclow,flashaudio,realaudio,wma
	partialproxy = 1
	proxy = http://127.0.0.1:9050
	verbose = 1

INFO: Search args: '1'
INFO: Using Proxy http://127.0.0.1:9050
INFO: Additionally getting cached programme data for tv
INFO: Got 837 file cache entries for tv
Matches:
1:	1911 Centenary Lecture - 1. David Lloyd George, BBC Parliament,
Factual,History,Politics,TV, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Loaded history for first check.
INFO: Loading recordings history
INFO: Programme not in history
INFO: Disabled proxy: http://127.0.0.1:9050
INFO: Getting page http://feeds.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xlklf
INFO: Restored proxy to http://127.0.0.1:9050
INFO: Disabled proxy: http://127.0.0.1:9050
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xlklf.rdf
INFO: Restored proxy to http://127.0.0.1:9050
INFO: iPlayer metadata URL = http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/b00xlklf
INFO: Disabled proxy: http://127.0.0.1:9050
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/b00xlklf
INFO: Restored proxy to http://127.0.0.1:9050
INFO: Using Not Live standard TV and Radio: b00xlkhz
INFO: Version: default, VersionPid: b00xlkhz, Duration: 3000
INFO: Getting page
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/mtis/stream/b00xlkhz?cb=77351
INFO: iphone stream URL = http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b00xlklf
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/mobile/iplayer/episode/b00xlklf
DEBUG: Got iphone mediaselector URL:
ERROR: Failed to get iphone URL from iplayer site

DEBUG: No iphone redirect stream
INFO: Disabled proxy: http://127.0.0.1:9050
INFO: Getting page http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xlkhz.rdf
INFO: Restored proxy to http://127.0.0.1:9050
INFO: Loaded history for first check.
INFO: Loading recordings history
INFO: Programme not in history
INFO: Will search for versions: default
INFO: Mode list:
iphone,flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,flashlow,n95_wifi,flashaac,flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaaclow,flashaudio,realaudio,wma
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: Version = default
INFO: No specified modes
(iphone,flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,flashlow,n95_wifi,flashaac,flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashaaclow,flashaudio,realaudio,wma)
available for this programme with version 'default' (try using
--modes=)
ERROR: Failed to record '1911 Centenary Lecture - 1. David Lloyd
George (b00xlklf)'