All TV downloads failing at about 240s

zaphod zaphod at oak2006.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 11:10:42 EDT 2011

> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet body. len: 73508

As a temporary fix I switched to using flvstreamer instead of rmtpdump,
which works for me, same as back in January

I tried using the secondary 'cdn', whatever that stands for, eg
get_iplayer --pid b00t8wp0 --modes=flashhigh2
no luck

The following works for me, on XP, it gets it in several chunks, the
resulting
file seems ok but I haven't watched one all the way through yet
Get this file:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/flvstreamer/win32/flvstreamer_win32_latest.exe

Save it to:
C:\Program Files\get_iplayer

Locate the options file, which is in:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\get_iplayer

replace this line:
flvstreamer .\rtmpdump-2.2d\rtmpdump.exe

with this one:
flvstreamer .\flvstreamer_win32_latest.exe