Errors downloading this evening

Jonathan Wiltshire jmw at debian.org
Wed Jul 13 17:05:08 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 09:41:58PM +0100, richard wrote:
> I had similar problem trying to download this and other Radio 4 & Radio
> 4 Extra programmes this afternoon. It was OK this morning though. I'm
> not using PVR mode.
>
> Tried again this evening (21.34) and the error still occurs.

To rule out traffic interference I tried my normal PVR run on a box that
terminates almost straight into transit peers and LINX, with no problems.
I also ran a custom PVR for ISIHAC, but this time ran into the problems you
described.

Therefore I conclude that this is likely a get-iplayer bug or a problem at
the BBC, rather than a nosy ISP intercepting traffic.

Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw at debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51