flashaacstd1 mode never works

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 06:16:37 EST 2011

On 16/1/2011, at 9:05am, david at robinson.org wrote:
>> ... from your output, get_iplayer seems to be getting flashaacstd1.
>
> I don't understand how you can think that - except AFAICT it looks like while you were removing all the "#####"s you've also snipped the part of my original post where it said...

Reading comprehension fail on my part. Sorry.

>>> ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
>>> INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
>>
>>> WARNING: Failed to stream file H:\getiplayerrecordings/Afternoon_on_3_-_The_Genius_of_Mozart_6._Mozart_the_Mason_b00x1sdz_default.partial.aac.flv via RTMP
>>> INFO: skipping flashaacstd1 mode
>>> Playing H:\getiplayerrecordings/Afternoon_on_3_-_The_Genius_of_Mozart_6._Mozart_the_Mason_b00x1sdz_default.partial.mp3.flv.
>>> libavformat file format detected.
>>> [lavf] Audio stream found, -aid 0
>>> Core dumped ;)
>>>
>>> Exiting... (End of file)
>>> INFO: Recorded H:\getiplayerrecordings/Afternoon_on_3_-_The_Genius_of_Mozart_6._Mozart_the_Mason_b00x1sdz_default.aac

This is kinda interesting.

If you could post a full and uncropped output from the command-line and adding the "--debug" option, it might help someone fix this in future. Paste the whole lot into a .txt file, send that as an attachment.

Before following T Won's suggestion try:

  get_iplayer --type radio "Genius of Mozart" -g --rtmptvopt="--swfAge=0"

aB.