I can't record *Lost Land of the Volcano*

ZULU zulu.romeotangohotel at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 13 15:32:54 EST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shevek" <shevek at shevek.co.uk>
To: "ZULU" <zulu.romeotangohotel at ntlworld.com>
Cc: "Stuart Henderson" <stu at spacehopper.org>;
<get_iplayer at lists.infradead.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:30 PM
Subject: Re: I can't record *Lost Land of the Volcano*

>> Oops... *flashhd,* now added (immediately after *flashaudio,* (is that
>> the
>> right place?)
>>

> it is the right place only if you want all tv downloads to try HD
> first from now on

Yes, nice but not vital!
I've now downloaded both episodes (so far) in  HD
I didn't expect to see the difference with my drap eyes, but I can!

> The list is parsed first to last so all recordings you make now will
> try *flashhd* before *flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal*
>
> If you don't want HD as a default you should add it at the end of your
> list so that it is tried last, as a fallback if your other preferred
> formats are not available:
>
> *flashaudio,flashaachigh,flashaacstd,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,realaudio,flashaaclow,flashhd*
>
> I play all mine back on a HDTV so I want the best available resolution
> so my --modes is:

So do I. I use a 26 inch Samsung HD TV as my monitor. As I need to sit very
close, it works well for me.

> *flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal,flashlow*
>
> which will try each mode from highest to lowest resolution and
> download the first one available

Thanks for all your help!  :-)

My get_iplayer *info* file gets fatter by the day!

regards,

--
zulu