Annoying download problem

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Mon Jan 10 08:58:53 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-07 at 17:45 +0000, Robin Bowes wrote:
> PS. Another annoying problem is that I'm not seeing my replies to the
> list, ie. I can se my reply in the archive, and I see the replies to my
> reply, but my actually reply does not drop in my inbox. I've checked my
> mailman settings and it appears to be set correctly. Any ideas why this
> might be?

There are two settings here. First is whether you receive your own posts
to the list, and you seem to have that one set correctly.

Your message id=4D2B0BF6.4050904 at yo61.com for example was sent from
casper.infradead.org and received with the following ack:

2011-01-10 13:41:27 +0000 1PcHxp-0006Mh-My => robin.bowes at yo61.com
R=lookuphost T=verp_smtp H=ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com [74.125.91.27]
X=TLSv1:RC4-MD5:128 C="250 2.0.0 OK 1294666887 j26si50640863qck.110"

If that message has gone missing from your account after it was accepted
*successfully* by the Google mail servers, you should definitely
complain about that.

The second mailman setting is for whether you receive 'duplicates'.
Rather stupidly, the default setting for new users is to filter them
out. That explains why you were only getting one copy of my replies
instead of both the direct Cc and the copy to your mailing list folder.

I've fixed that setting for you, so you should get both copies of this
message. I really must work out how to change the site-wide default.

--
dwmw2