Failed to stream file

manolo27 at arcor.de manolo27 at arcor.de
Thu Jan 6 19:28:43 EST 2011

Hi there,

I'am usually ripping music with Beeb's default AAC-format - with exactly
the same issue:

On Wednesday still everything went fine: both quality versions,
flashaac and flashaaclow, worked like a charm.

My setup in detail is - just in case it may help:
get_iplayer v2.78 with RTMPdump v2.3 on Win7 32bit located in Germany.
For grabbing the HQ AAC stream I'm using an UK glype proxy, the low
quality variant doesn't require any bypassing methods.
Every favourite radioshow has its own simple batch-file containing
command lines such as:
get_iplayer --type=radio "gilles peterson" --force-download --overwrite
--get --amode=flashaac --output=D:\BBC\new\HQ
--proxy="prepend:http://www.daveproxy.co.uk/browse.php?u="

Strangely the same command for downloading the mp3-file of the show
(mode flashaudio1 instead of flashaac) however still does the job
without any errors or interruptions! (Anyone out there with similar
behaviour?)
But as I prefer the AAC files because of the slightly better quality at
128kbps (VBR) in comparison to mp3 (CBR) this is not a really a solution
for me...

Any tipps/suggestions? Or do we have to wait until there is a
workaround/update? Hope there will be an early solution!

@Shevek/ZULU
I tested the mentioned "100 years of the Palladium" also without any
success: Tried flashhigh1 mode, connected and finally failed...

Best regards from South Germany & a prosperous 2011,

Manolo