[Re: Mp3 from Radio]

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jan 4 08:55:16 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 13:41 +0000, Jimmy Aitken wrote:
> For similar reasons I made a change to my copy of get_iplayer to add
> the switch '--mp3'  When set, it uses ffmpeg to transcode the
> downloaded file from aac to mp3 and then adds the tags as normal.
> Would there be interest in me posting the changes so that they can be
> included in the official version?

I'll concede I once did a '--dvd' option which transcoded to DVD sized
MPEG2. But I still don't *like* it.

If you want to show me a patch which handles this in a fairly generic
and graceful way, and isn't a dirty hack, then I suppose I have no real
objection to merging it. We are already running ffmpeg to change
transport streams, after all, and get_iplayer already *does* include the
kitchen sink so you won't be making me much *less* happy :)

--
dwmw2