Can't seem to play via get_iplayer.cgi Web interface

Ben Osman ben at radiantflow.com
Mon Jan 3 15:21:56 EST 2011

Hello

I am using ubuntu 10.10 (64bit) and have downloaded get_iplayer from the
git repository and have installed dependencies such as ffmpeg, rtmpdump etc.

get_iplayer itself seems to work just fine from the command line, i can
download episodes and even watch live tv too.

However, using the get_iplayer.cgi, while I can download items fine but
the playing / streaming just doesn't work.

I pasted the complete debug messages here:

http://pastebin.com/a08M42XZ

And for brevity here is the final parts:

DEBUG: RTMP_ClientPacket, received: invoke 57 bytes
DEBUG: (object begin)
DEBUG: Property: NULL
DEBUG: (object end)
DEBUG: HandleInvoke, server invoking <onBWDone>
DEBUG: RTMP_ClientPacket, received: invoke 20 bytes
DEBUG: (object begin)
DEBUG: Property: NULL
DEBUG: (object end)
DEBUG: HandleInvoke, server invoking <_result>
DEBUG: HandleInvoke, received result id 0 without matching request
pipe:: Invalid data found when processing input
Caught signal: 13, cleaning up, just a second...
ERROR: Download: Failed writing, exiting!
DEBUG: Closing connection.

DEBUG: Invoking deleteStream
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)

INFO: Streaming failed with exit code 1
DEBUG: Record using flashhigh1 mode return code: 'abort'
ERROR: aborting get_iplayer
INFO: Finished Streaming b00x95tm to browser

Any idea how I can get this working?