Any thoughts on a WII mode.

marshall marshall at brooklandsand.co.uk
Wed Feb 23 03:19:30 EST 2011

Morning everyone,
     I just wanted to ask the question if anyone had any thoughts or
info of get_iplayer identifying as the  nintendo wii to get content? The
wii is a low spec powerpc clocked at 729mhz, but the built in wii
iplayer app gives a very aceptable viewing experiance. Does it pull a
special version from the iplayer or one of the flash versions? The
reason I'm asking is since the iphone mode stopped working I'm
struggling to get some of the content I would like as not all programmes
are available in the flashlow version. I know I could transcode any of
the versions myself, but I'm running get_iplayer on my nokia N900 and
transcoding is very slow and sucks the life out of the battery.
I have tried the N95_wifi mode which looks fine on the phone, but when
pluged into a TV looks horrible. So any thoughts on getting a good
quality version that will play on a low spec device would be greatly
appreciated.

Any way, I understand that my circumstances maybe unique and not worth
anyones time or hastle looking at and I understand completly, but I
thought I would ask the question.

Kind Regards
Marshall