PS3 get_iplayer conversion

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Tue Dec 27 23:27:07 EST 2011

On 27 December 2011, at 21:04, Jon Davies wrote:

> On 27 December 2011 04:01, Andy Bircumshaw <andy at networkned.co.uk> wrote:
>> ... but I believe that all videos are affected, if get_iplayer remuxes with an
>> affected buggy version of ffmpeg.
>
> Yeah, this is what makes me wonder.  Is it actually a bug in ffmpeg,
> in which case we should get it characterised and then fixed, or is it
> a quirk of what the beeb are doing, …

I *thought* it was something that ffmpeg were aware of and that had been fixed in newer versions upstream. But I may be pulling that belief out my proverbial, as I can't now find reference to it.

The most comprehensive discussion seems to be January's thread "HD playback issue on PS3" [1]. Private 53a…dd85 gives a suggested older version of ffmpeg as 0.5.1 (22140) [2]

aB.

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-January/000642.html
[2] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-January/000660.html