BBC Radio1's Essential Mix November 2011

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Thu Dec 1 13:29:48 EST 2011

On 1 December 2011 17:54, Fenwick Cooper <fenwickc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> get_iplayer quits normally in the first mins of downloading BBC radio 1'sessential mix. It returns:
>> INFO: All streaming threads completed
> But the show is only partially downloaded. (e.g. I have the first 10 MBof about 84 MB).

I can't reproduce this problem.  a few questions...

I get:

[stuff...]
Matches:
10360:  radio, BBC Radio 1's Essential Mix - Eats Everything from In:Motion, BBC
 Radio 1, Dance & Electronica,Experimental & New,Music,Popular,Radio

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashaacstd1,flashaaclow1,wma1 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashaacstd1 mode to record radio: BBC Radio 1's Essential Mix - Ea
ts Everything from In:Motion
INFO: File name prefix = Eats_Everything_from_InMotion
[... more stuff]

are you seeing the line INFO: Trying flashaacstd1 mode?
or is it trying a different mode?

also, what version of rtmpdump are you using?  (rtmpdump -v will tell you)

finally, what options are you running get_iplayer with?  (get_iplayer
--prefs-show)

Jon