Sony Bravia iPlayer stream

tim lane timmy.lane at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 04:05:16 EDT 2011

On 26 April 2011 07:47, Russell Baldwin <russ at shoesforindustry.net> wrote:
> You'd have to get a log of the connection stuff and try and see what is happening. Even if there is a better feed, it might all be to nothing as you may not be able to get that specific feed with get_iplayer.

If anyone knows how I might be able to generate such a log, please let
me know. I'm running Windows 7 64bit - while I would consider myself
an advanced windows user, I have absolutely no programming knowledge
and little experience with Linux. I can run Ubuntu on vmware if that
helps... My router is pretty basic and only shows information about
connections in its logfile so I don't think that would be much use.

Would some kind of packet sniffer be the right tool for the job? Again
- I know OF this type of tool but have never used one so a bit of
guidance may be necessary. Or perhaps it's not worth pursuing if
get_iplayer is unlikely to be able to grab these streams.

> Does something like Virgin have a better iPlayer feed as well?

Pass... As there are now several TV manufacturers who make models that
can access iPlayer directly, it would be good to know if they all get
the same feed.

Cheers

Tim