Logfile from download failing to convert FLV to m4a

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:45:21 EDT 2011

On 12/04/2011 16:47, Steve wrote:
> Nothing here to give me an indication why its stopping in FLV format

I doubt it has any bearing on your problem, but I see from the log you
are using a patched version of get_iplayer that was later discarded.
The up-to-date script can be found here:

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer

The log file you sent shows everything running to completion.  I assume
then that this log is of the second attempt after a first failed attempt
to download the programme.  This log seems to show what I suspected from
your original report - the flv download is running to (or almost to)
completion but dying for some reason.  On your second attempt,
flvstreamer finds the existing file, finishes with it, and then ffmpeg
takes over as expected.  flvstreamer reports "Already completed", but
the duration isn't an exact match, so I'm not sure if the flv file is
really, truly complete after the first attempt.

If you can, send a log of the first, failed attempt (run with
--verbose).  Hopefully flvstreamer reports something useful when it
dies.  Also also make a copy of the flv file from the first, failed
attempt and compare ehe copy's size to the original after the second
attempt, to see if it is in fact being truncated.