M4A tagging in Windows

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 20:15:09 EDT 2011

On 09/04/2011 23:47, geoff.getiplayer_list at alphaworks.co.uk wrote:
> Anyway, I've downloaded the patched version and I'm happily getting m4a
> output ready for iTunes and iPhone. I'm still not getting any tags
> though. I'm using the GUI under Windows XP.
>
> Any ideas?

Check in C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\atomicparsley (if it exists) and
see if AtomicParsley.exe is in there.  I've found that, at least for me
on XP, it won't install automatically along with the rest of the
application.  I believe this is because the network plugin in the
installer can't handle the redirection scheme used for Souceforge
downloads.  The installer winds up fetching the download holding page
instead of the required zip file.  You can download it separately and
extract AtomicParsley.exe into the directory above if necessary. If
AtomicParsley.exe is in fact at the expected location, then colour me
clueless.