legality

Ian Stirling root at mauve.plus.com
Tue Apr 5 07:42:25 EDT 2011

On 04/05/2011 12:19 PM, Christopher Woods (CustomMade) wrote:

> [...]

The previous legislation which I chased up - the wireless telegraphy act
of 1949 (as amended) - specifically defines a 'television programme
service', as one that is licenced under the 'television  broadcasters
act' (not the real title), so that makes it all crystal clear that
foreign stations can never be covered.
The 'recent' - 2003 - I looked this up in 2004 and it may not have been
in the sources I was using - legislation does not specifically cite that
act, it just defines a TV as receiving a television programme service.