Still using BBC 7 channel name

Jonathan Wiltshire jmw at debian.org
Mon Apr 4 17:12:05 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 09:37:36PM +0100, Christopher Woods (CustomMade) wrote:
> > I did a search for a BBC Radio 4 Extra program - We can
> > Remember it for you wholesale, and it didnt work until I
> > changed the channel to BBC Radio 7!
> > I wonder how long theyre going to leave the old channel data
> > on for BBC 7?
>
> AFAIK the channel names are hardcoded into get_iplayer so require the
> appropriate patch applied to rectify. I believe this may have already been
> talked about at more length on the list in the past 7 days (search the
> online archives for more, I've been mostly afk for the past week so have
> only skimread incoming email, sorry)

You do need the patch, yes. However in this case the programme is still
under the BBC7 label, I don't know why. There is a mixture of BBC7/R4E
content being sent out so it'll probably settle down in a few days as
programmes expire.

Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw at debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51