Choice of file format

Stuart Henderson stu at spacehopper.org
Wed Sep 15 09:14:53 EDT 2010

On 2010/09/15 14:43, Peter Jones wrote:
> Hi Dan
>
> Thanks fro the input.
>
> The mode=flashaudio,iphone returns an error 'No specidied modes
> available' and Im asked to try flashaaclow,rtspaaclow,wma .
> So I try again and the INFO tells me that  flashaaclo1w,wma1 will be
> tried for the version default. Soit does seem not possible to force MP3
> mode.

not all content is available in each format; if you must have mp3,
you would have to transcode afterwards (and accept some drop in
quality; lossy compression produces cleaner results on source
material that hasn't already been compressed using another type
of lossy compression).

> I also see a message
> WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF
> verification (FLVstreamer v1.9).

flvstreamer doesn't support swfverification, which is usually
needed to download longer programmes. you could switch to rtmpdump.