RTSP link needed for BBC audio

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Sat Sep 4 14:33:46 EDT 2010

On 4 Sep 2010, at 17:45, Andy Bircumshaw wrote:
> On 4 Sep 2010, at 15:54, Bob Toms wrote:
>
>> Hello Get_iplayer people.
>>
>> It's a great piece of software. I've tried it out on the following
>> URL (and it worked! Excellent):
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/8968123.stm
>>
>> However, that is not my issue. I would like to find out the RTSP
>> link so that I can play the audio/radio feed on my mobile phone. I
>> am able to do this for radio feeds that the BBC publish, but as the
>> above link is on an ad hoc and temporary webpage, it probably won't
>> be publish as a link you can access directly on a mobile phone
>> (unless the BBC change their mind).
>
> Suggest you post the command-line that you're using. This seems to
> be working here:
>
> $ get_iplayer --type all  --url "http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/counties/8968123.stm
> " --
> modes
> =flashaachigh,flashaacstd,iphone,flashaudio,realaudio,flashaaclow,wma
> INFO: File name prefix = Live_-_Sussex_commentary_-_2010-09-04_172927
> RTMPDump v2.3
> (c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team;
> license: GPL
> WARNING: Can't resume live stream, ignoring --resume option
> Connecting ...
> INFO: Connected...
> Starting Live Stream
> INFO: Metadata:
> INFO:   createdby             ViewCast
> INFO:   streamstartUTC        04 Sep 2010 12:41:49
> INFO:   canSeekToEnd          0.00
> INFO:   duration              0.00
> INFO:   audiocodecid          10.00
> INFO:   audiodelay            0.00
> INFO:   audiodatarate         96.00
> INFO:   audiochannels         1.00
> 3626.405 kB / 362.98 sec
>
> The stream is still running here as I write, so I can't say that the
> output will be intelligible.

The commentary seems to have finished for the afternoon.

The resultant file was unplayable on my Mac. I suspect this is a
get_iplayer bug.

I was able to easily create a playable file using:

mplayer -ao null -vo null -dumpaudio -dumpfile
Sussex_Commentary.fixed.aac Live_-_Sussex_commentary_-
_2010-09-04_172927.aac

aB.

--
Andy Bircumshaw   -   Network Ned   -   Computing services, support &
solutions

Email - andy at networkned.co.uk