Problems with a radio programme download... (fwd)

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Fri Oct 15 20:38:24 EDT 2010

[sorry forgot to forward to list...]

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, Angela wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 22:20 +0100, Jim Jackson wrote:
> > I'm trying to get the series of programmes on elementary particles Radio
> > 4. But it won't work. I'm fairly new to get_iplayer, but it is working for
> > other stuff, it just seems to be these programs.
> > Can anyone offer any commentary and/or advice?
> >
> > Jim

> > 10426:  Big Bang Day - Five Particles: 2. The Quark, BBC Radio 4,
> > Factual,Radio,Science & Nature, 1 days 0 hours ago - Quarks comprise
> > virtually all visible material, but why do we know so little about them?
> > pid:            b00d8ywd
> >

> > $ get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=b00d8ywd --get
> > get_iplayer v2.78, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
> > INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio
>
> get_iplayer --type=radio --mode=flashaacstd1 --get 'Big Bang Day' worked
> for me! And recorded all four available programmes. You will need
> flvstreamer or rtmpdump installed. (I use rtmpump).

I had rtmpdump installed. I have installed flvstreamer and used the
options as you said above, and it worked for
Big_Bang_Day_-_Five_Particles_5 & Big_Bang_Day_-_Five_Particles_2 but not
for 4 and 3.

But when I retried my original

 get_iplayer --type=radio   --get 'Big Bang Day'

it got them.

So thanks for the help.

Jim