ITV Player

Angela angela at activitae.com
Sat Oct 16 07:46:11 EDT 2010

In the past Phil Lewis, originator of get_iplayer, had a plugin to get
ITV programmes. He stopped developing for it, I think on the basis there
was nothing worth recording! A point of view I concurred with at the
time.

However, I would like to watch the continuing episodes of Downton Abbey
and will be out of the country for 5 months starting next week. I'll
have secure shell access to my home PC to record the odd programme.

Is there any chance that the ITV plugin could be resurrected? It'll need
rtmpdump as I understand ITV uses RTMPE protection.

Angela