HD content still unavailable

Anon Poster anon.poster173 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 04:03:26 EST 2010

It was great to find this site yesterday and to see that get_iplayer
is being maintained. I upgraded my old windows installation to 2.78.
Like others I found that I could not download HD programmes. I tried a
fresh install on a "virgin" laptop, that also did not work.

However, after reading through the various threads I *have* been able
to download HD, the steps I followed were:
1) Run the get_iplayer installer to upgrade to the latest version
2) Edit get_iplayer.pl (by default in c:\program files\get_iplayer)
using notepad and replace 19216 with 21576. This repicates the change
made by Steven Luo in the GIT repository to support HD
3) Delete my existing .swinfo file.
  In vista I found this at c:\users\<my user name>\.swinfo
  In XP I found this at c:\documents and settings\<my user name>\.swinfo
4) I upgraded to the latest windows version of rtmpdump (2.3) by
downloading it from http://rtmpdump.mplayerhq.hu/ and extracting the
files into the existing C:\Program Files\get_iplayer\rtmpdump-2.2d
directory. To be honest I'm not sure whether this step is needed, but
I didn't check whether things were working until I'd done it!

I hope this helps Windows users out there, and once again thanks for a great
tool.