Any Ideas?

Ian macdonald ianmac51 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 09:23:04 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:18 PM, Ian macdonald <ianmac51 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I use Ubuntu and get_iplayer, up until a few months ago I could record
> a show and it would tag the show in such a way that when I added it to
> iTunes my appleTV would happily play it and show all the tags etc.
> Now when I record a show, appleTV does not play video only audio, if I
> run the file through videora the converted video works ok.
>
> I understand something has changed, can any of you clever people can
> point me in the direction of a fix, so that when I download the video
> via get_iplayer it will play without conversion on the appleTV?
>

>Ian, it appear that the BBC changes to add a few blank lines in the mp4.
>i.e. now its 640x372 instead of 640x360. This causes playback issues for
>at least AppleTV and XBMC on XBOX. The problem appears to be there for
>all modes flashstd and better. The new flashlow mode strangely does not
>have these extra lines and therefore plays back OK. iphone mode is also
>ok.

Thank you for the information, that's good to know, thought it may
have been something I was doing wrong, I will just keep running it
through videora.  Though if anyone has a faster way perhaps using
ffmpeg from the command line, as videora is windows only and takes a
while considering it is only removing a few blank lines.

I hope I have replied to this in a way that does not break the list rules.

Cheers

Ian