Problem with ffmpeg or the source?

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Sat Dec 18 05:19:27 EST 2010

On 18 December 2010 05:25, Andy Bircumshaw <andy at networkned.co.uk> wrote:

> Again, my brain isn't fully functioning right now, but couldn't the cause be that something changed in ffmpeg between revision r25557 & r26401 ?

Thinking about it some more, you are right something has changed with ffmpeg.

IMHO, there are two related issues here:

1: Beeb have changed something in their HD encode which exposes the ffmpeg issue

2: When processing these "bad" encodes older versions of ffmpeg output
the brainfart warning and a watchable transcode, newer versions of
ffmpeg handle the warning but output an unwatchable transcode